Monday, May 12, 2014

Can work make you happy?


Stressed with your work?

Then this post is for you

Many working class people do get tired or get really stressed with their work and cannot continue working any longer.This not only effects the work space but also damages ones health and cause various psychic disorders, well this is a general problem faced by not only employees or employers but also by today's students, in this post i am going discuss my own experience on work and how it kept me happy though i worked for more than 18 hrs of a day almost every day in a week

Before i dig into my experience i would like to tell a few words about what i do? and how i feel stressed in some aspects and dont in some.
I am a budding entrepreneur by mind and a computer programmer by heart, i literally love to program and you wont believe it if i say from past 3 years there is't a single day in my diary where i have't wrote atleast one program a day.But it all happened 2 months ago when a thought dawned on me, i wanted to start a website of my own which is similar to social networking site, with a experience of my coding till date i could figure out that there is allot amount of work to be done, since i was alone in my team, i should act like a doer and also a critic of my own product to enhance its quality.

Being a devotee of Steve jobs helped me to step forward his concept of Reality distortion field i.e "reality is malleable and can be molded if we want it to happen".This line struck me like a thunder bolt and i just held it in my mind and started to work on my site from scratch

Days were't easy enough, i was on a vacation which were actually my preparation holidays for end semester examinations of my 3-2 b.tech i have to complete the site before 2 months which was my boundary date, i completely got struck to my laptop trying to figure out things and make it done

Now it was time for me make a search suggestion dynamic box for search bar which is similar to facebook search drop down, i was struck since i had't coded in ajax before, i took me days to figure out how it should work but results where always shit.
One night i just made my mind and sat to complete this portion at any cost, tried and tried till 5 am and finally i was done!!!! it was shocking i could make it done..!!!!! i cannot put that in feeling words here, if i say it was awesome it would be very less i was literally dancing in my room when my mom woke up and starred me with doubting face whether i was alright? :P

With this experience i could understand that i was happy only because i worked, and made it done, if not i would just remain thinking that the task is far beyond my capability and i would just sit not doing it. This happiness was allot greater than any other feelings till that date. what happened is i loved what i did and though it was stressfull i did't quit, since i had a intuttive feeling towards that part which held my focus on it, and when it was completed, i just forgot all the stress which i had to put on it. i was left only with the happiness.

This is the master key If you love what you do, you don't get tired when your doing it, and once you finish it the joy which you get is "insanely great". even you would have experienced it in your life but just could't figure it out i guess as a child did you ever enjoyed doing the home work? or where you overjoyed that you archived that task of doing the homework??
No. because we never love unproductive stuff in childhood,but as a grown up we cannot skip the work,so just start loving it and wait for the moment when you archive its completion, you'll be excited to see that you will never again be stressed

It worked for me, hope it works for you too all the very best

No comments:

Post a Comment